Forerunner 620 features recovery advisor, race predictor and VO2 max estimate so you can train smarter. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, the 620 also gives you feedback on your running form by showing your cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation. For indoor training, the built-in accelerometer tracks distance, so you don’t need a separate foot pod.
Forerunner 620 can estimate your VO2 max, your body’s maximal oxygen consumption. Knowing your VO2 max is a great way to measure your physical fitness and improve your performance. When used with a heart rate monitor, the 620 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate your VO2 max. The number itself indicates the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute, per kilogram of body weight at your max performance.
A colour gauge on the watch shows how your VO2 max data compares to other runners of your gender and age range. Based on your VO2 max estimate, the 620 can predict your race times for several distances. This can give you a time target for your next race, assuming you’ve completed proper training.
Forerunner 620 features separate activity profiles for Ride/Race/Run, and makes it easy to switch between them, for viewing only the information you want to see. The “Ride” profile defaults to speed instead of pace, sets the activity as cycling for Garmin Connect, and supports cycling speed and pedalling cadence measurements when paired with Garmin wireless speed and cadence sensors. The “Race” profile is an additional running profile that allows you to set up and quickly switch to different data fields for races than those you use for day-to-day training.
With Forerunner 620, you don’t have to guess how much recovery time you need between workouts. It knows your physiology based on your heart rate data, so it factors this against your last workout and then shows how much time before you are
- Touchscreen GPS running watch with high-resolution color display that tracks distance, pace and heart rate¹
- Calculates your recovery time and VO2 max estimate when used with heart rate
- HRM-Run™ monitor¹ adds data for cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation
- Connected features²: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect
- Virtual Pacer™ (compares current pace to target)
- V02 max estimate
- Recovery advisor
- Race predictor
- Running dynamics
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)
- Personal records
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person)
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from pre-set pace)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
- Customizable screen(s)
- Shock Resistant
IN YOUR BOX:
- Forerunner 620 GPS watch
- HRM-Run monitor
- Charging data cradle
As the World's Largest Online Sports Store, Pro:Direct Running offers competitive rates on worldwide delivery to bring you the latest products from the biggest brands. Please select your destination from the list below to see delivery options and costs.